Plan is an international organisation centred on child labour in 70 countries, 50 of which aredeveloping countries. Plan prioritize emergencies and humanitarian aid and, focusing on long term sustainable development, Plan participates closely with children and families through several programs, including education, health, economical security, protection and water sanitation. Political advocacy cuts across all our programs.
Founded in 2001, Plan Spain is a dynamic organization supporting Plan International all over the world with particular attention to child protection.
Furthermore, Plan strives to raise awareness through development education, political influence, the Media and events.
The project, funded by the UE, is focused on the women entrepreuneship in the renewable energy sector in rural areas of Mali, Niger and Senegal. The action focuses on three main axes:
- Sensitization and advocacy campaign at local, national and international level.
- Professional training programs for different actors (IMF, Electrical operators, Women saving groups, Women entrepreneurs, among others). It includes mentoring, incubators, business plan preparation, etc.
- Renewable Energy services implementation. Ad-hoc Financial mechanism design and implementation for women access to credit. Income generating activities analysis, evaluation, identification and access to market support.
The position will be based in Madrid with periodic long-term assignments (between 2 weeks and 2 months) with the following main tasks :
- Coordination and managment of the entire project
- Institutional relationship with the donor and the project stackeholders especially at international level. But also support to Plan Local offices for the local stackeholders.
- Supervision and coordination of the local Plan Offices as well as of the project partners.
- Monitoring and Evaluation activities support to the local Plan Team.
- Develop, maintain and/or initiate partnerships with community based organizations, NGOs, UN Agencies and Government Ministries to support W&SE programme.
- Ensure the quality of the projects activities implementation, in particular result 1 (professional training, mentoring etc) and result 2 (financial mechanism implementation, energy services, Income Generating Activities analysis and implementation).
- Budget control, justification and reporting
- To analyse the national and regional strategies and context.
- To provide technical support to the Head of Programme at local level.
- Act as Project Director for all activities/coordination/communication regarding women´s social and economic empowerment activities within the project.
- Effective resources supervision and coordinartion in the specific areas of operation.
- To cooperate and liaise with Plan International National Offices and Country Offices partners and, where applicable, with external stakeholders at the appropriate levels.
- To ensure full compliance with donor requirements in reporting (narrative and financial).
- Ensure overall technical quality of W&SE programme by providing ongoing technical and program management oversight, monitor quality of activities, and build capacity of program team.
- To ensure effective coordination with sectors and different projects.
- Support key staff to establish and/or maintain coordination mechanisms at all levels (regional, national, provincial, etc.).
- To support building capacities with our implementing partner in order to improve capacities to respond and to work in joint projects respecting the special role of volunteers.
- To identify needs and new project opportunities in line with the strategy.
- Effectively manage funding relationships with major institutional donors that support funding objectives.
- Represent SPNO at relevant coordination meeting, ensuring proper dissemination of information among relevant skateholders.
- Ensure programs are design, planned, implemented and evaluated based on evidence/learning.
- University Degree (Master appreciated)
- 5 years of working experience in technical cooperation for international institutions and/or NGOs.
- Proven track record in YEE (Youth Economic Empowerment) preferred with women, in similar context.
- Knowledge in Project Cycle Management tools & knowledge in donors´ processes (UE preferred).
- Team management proved experience.
- Proved experience in raising funds mainly with multilateral donors (EC will be valuable).
- Solid programmatic, financial and organizational planning skills.
- Mastering English-Spanish / French-Spanish / English-French.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, results orientation and intercultural sensitivity, including managing expectations of different stakeholders in a balanced and diplomatic manner
- Proven abilities in decision making and problem solving- to foresee various options and objectively assess viability to these options
- Self-supporting in computing (MS-Windows, spreadsheet- and word-processing
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain. The candidates must send application and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference: PI-PM-18