The “Project Manager W&SE (Women & Sustainable Energy)” will be a member of the Department of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Programs for the WARO (West African region) HUB in Plan International Spain.
The position will be based in Madrid with periodic long-term assignments (between 2 weeks and 2 months) with the following responsibilities when in mission:
- Preparation of identification process and needs assessment.
- Information analysis
- Develop, maintain and/or initiate partnerships with community based organizations, NGOs, UN Agencies and Government Ministries to support W&SE programme.
- Coordination and technical quality of the projects of the mission.
- To analyse the national and regional strategies and context
- To provide technical support to the Head of Mission in the fundraising and partnership activities related to Child Protection.
- To provide technical support to the Head of Mission (HoM) in the activities related to the technical areas and monitoring of the mission.
- To ensure the quality and appropriateness of the definition and implementation of a possible emergency intervention.
- To identify needs and new project opportunities in line with the strategy.
- Lead the process of identifying and prioritizing funding opportunities.
- Act as main focal point for all activities/coordination/communication regarding women´s protection and empowerment activities within the project.
- Effective resources mobilization in the specific areas of operation.
- Effectively manage funding relationships with major institutional donors that support funding objectives.
- To cooperate and liaise with Plan International National Offices and Country Offices partners and, where applicable, with external stakeholders at the appropriate levels.
- Represent SPNO at relevant coordination meeting, ensuring proper dissemination of information among relevant skateholders.
- To manage projects in accordance with approved plans, regulations and policies.
- To ensure full compliance with donor requirements in reporting (narrative and financial).
- Ensure programs are design, planned, implemented and evaluated based on evidence/learning.
- To produce project documents following specific formats (project synopsis/concept paper, result based project plan, full project proposal, project budget, project agreement with partner, regular reports).
- Ensure overall technical quality of W&SE programme by providing ongoing technical and program management oversight, monitor quality of activities, and build capacity of program team.
- To ensure effective coordination with sectors and different projects.
- Support key staff to establish and/or maintain coordination mechanisms at all levels (regional, national, provincial, etc.).
- To support building capacities with our implementing partner in order to improve capacities to respond and to work in joint projects respecting the special role of volunteers.
- University Degree (Master appreciated)
- 5 years of working experience in technical cooperation in international institutions and/or NGOs.
- Proved experience in raising funds mainly with multilateral donors (EC will be valuable).
- Proven track record in GBV, CEDAW, Child Protection, etc.
- Knowledge in Project Cycle Management tools & knowledge in donors´ processes.
- Solid programmatic, financial and organizational planning skills.
- Mastering English-Spanish / French-Spanish / English-French.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, results orientation and intercultural sensitivity, including managing expectations of different stakeholders in a balanced and diplomatic manner
- Proven abilities in decision making and problem solving- to foresee various options and objectively assess viability to these options
- Self-supporting in computing (MS-Windows, spreadsheet- and word-processing
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
How to apply
Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
The candidates must send application and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference: PI-PM-19