Plan International works across the globe to advance children’s rights and equality for girls so that they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. Founded in Spain in 1937, we are currently present in 72 countries where we engage people and partners to empower children, young people and communities, drive change in practice and policy at local, national and global level and work with children and communities to prepare for and respond to crises and to overcome adversity Plan International Spain is currently looking for a Recruitment & Development Officer to lead all the recruitment processes and to be the HR partner in the training and development activities of the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading and organizing the recruitment processes in order to ensure that all vacancies are covered by using different recruitment sources (job announcements in dedicated web sites, working with HR/headhunting companies, social media, etc.), making interviews and other tests (language tests, competencies tests, contact of professional references), reporting about every candidate, following all the candidates all along the recruitment process.
- Contributing to the creation of an HR database of candidates.
- Managing the performance/appraisal system in following internal deadlines.
- Elaborating and managing the training and development plan in line with the needs identified in the team´s performance/appraisal, as well as those identified at the organizational level.
- Contacting and managing the training providers.
- Organizing the induction/orientation of new staff (making sure that they meet all the departments).
- Coordinating the activities of the HR interns, as well as the volunteers.
- Contacting with other PLAN INTERNATIONAL departments in order to follow up on any HR needs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the different processes of the HR department and its consequent action plan, in all and each different area comprises by the HR department.
Attributes for the role
- Great communication and relationships skills.
- Great team player skills.
- Deep knowledge of the HR staffing needs in the NGO Sector.
- Experience in multicultural working environments.
- Deep knowledge of performance/appraisal systems.
- Deep knowledge of the international cooperation sector, project cycle management and renewable energies.
- 5 years of professional experience in recruiting staff preferably at the “non profit” sector (national and international positions in development cooperation and humanitarian aid).
- Experience in International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid sector.
- High level of oral and written English (C1)
- Availability to travel.
- Bachelor’s degree. Post graduate studies in HR or/and International Cooperation will be valuable.
- French knowledge will be valuable.