Plan is an international child centered community development organization working in 70 countries, 51 of which are developing countries. With a focus on long term sustainable development, Plan works in a participative way with children and families across a range of programmes including education, health, household economic security, protection and water/sanitation. Plan also engages in humanitarian work. Advocacy cuts across all programmes.
Established in 2001, Plan Spain is a dynamic organization that supports Plan’s work worldwide, with a particular focus on Child protection. Funding is received from a variety of sources including child sponsorship, Spanish Government and Regional Governments and also multilateral donors (UE, UN).
In addition, Plan Spain strives to raise awareness of development issues through development education, advocacy, the media and events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Search and identification of funding opportunities for development renewable programs and projects, climate change and innovation in order to help Plan International (Spain) be a relievable stakeholder in this specific topic within the Plan International framework
- Manage all public relationships with private companies, organizations, public agencies and lead the public-private partnerships identification and projects.
- Identification of call for proposals and requirements for renewable energy public tenders, climate change and innovation, while presenting quality project proposals for public and/or private funding.
- Participation in NGO forums and working groups, both internal and external, related to renewable energies, climate change and innovation.
- Coordination with International Headquarters and the rest of the Plan International offices in all issues related to renewable energies, climate change and innovation.
- Manage the renewable energies, climate change and innovation staff working in Plan International in Spain in order to obtain all needed information related to identification, formulation, implementation and verification of projects related to this topic, as well as coordinate the work from the other Plan International offices, partners and stakeholders involved in the projects.
- Ensure the correct verification of the projects by elaborating intermediate and final reports for those projects funded by public donors, in order to comply with the requirements defined by each and every public donor.
Attributes for the role
- Great communication and relationships skills.
- Great negotiation and team player skills.
- Deep knowledge and interest in renewable energies as an instrument for integral development.
- Experience in multicultural working environments.
- Strategy and team management, as well as development of a multidisciplinary team.
- Deep knowledge of the international cooperation sector, project cycle management and renewable energies.
- BScs or Master’s Degree in engineering
- Deep knowledge and experience in renewable energies projects or energetic efficiency within the international cooperation sector
- Previous experience in team and strategy management intended to obtain public and private funding.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the project cycle management (formulation, implementation, evaluation, etc.) mainly in the international cooperation sector.
- Previous experience in the formulation and design of project proposals for multilateral donors.
- Previous working experience within the renewable private sector in Africa and/or Latin America will be an asset.
- Native/bilingual Spanish, high English level and middle-high French level are required.
Starting date: ASAP.
Working place: Madrid, Spain with travels up to 30% of the time.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive job description and may be subject to change.
1. Current remuneration (salary + benefits)
2. Desired salary / remuneration - please advise of minimum salary required and expected benefits
3. Notice period (in weeks and/or months)
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should have a valid work permit at the time of applying to enable them to work in Spain.
Please send application and cover letter highlighting adequacy to the post, to the following email address: email@example.com, indicating the reference (PRO-REM) in the subject.
Deadline 20th September 2015 (starting date ASAP, the position can be covered before deadline).