Plan International Spain is seeking a Senior Media Officer based in Madrid for the Communication Department. The position entails full responsibility towards implementing the Foundation’s media strategy in accordance with the guidelines of the communication department, helping to expand awareness and positive positioning for the Foundation to stakeholders.
- Develop working relationships and liaise with press, media, journalists and opinion leaders and serve as the organisation spokesperson to the media.
- Promote the visibility securing the Foundation’s position as a leading international child protection and girls’ equality organisation.
- Contribute to develop the communications’ strategy and action plan, according to the general objectives of the organization.
- Write and oversee the publishing of press releases, statements, reports and other corporate communications to the press, radio, TV or social media platforms.
- Deliver and evaluate content across a range of communications channels including websites, microsites, intranet and social media channels.
- Supervise and coordinate the creation and edition of audiovisual content (promotional videos, TV reports and documentaries, photos, spots).
- Coordinate the content and delivering of newsletters and Foundation’s annual report.
- Supervise and maintain broadcast media file and manage press clippings service.
- Organise events and media trips to the field.
- Coordinate all the communication activities with Headquarters and with the rest of Plan offices (active participation with international working groups).
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or journalism. Postgraduate studies will be valuable.
- At least 5 year experience in media or news agencies.
- High level of written and oral English (proficiency).
- Experience in public relations and organisation of events is an asset.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and broadcast production is also required.
- International experience, preferably in a development NGO will be valuable.
- Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Long term contract.
- Total reward including annual Gross Salary + variable incentives (to be set upon candidate's experience and the organization standards) + Ticket Restaurant.
- 23 days of holidays per year.
- Short working hours on Fridays (and throughout July and August).
- Possibility to enrol in different training activities.
- Other in-office perks.
- Integration into a developing organisation.
- Take action so that a 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive.
- Immediate start.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidates must send their application and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference: COM-MEDIA-18