Plan is an international organisation centred on child rights and equality for girls in 75 countries, 50 of which are developing countries. Plan prioritizes emergencies and humanitarian aid and, focusing on long term sustainable development, Plan participates closely with children and families through several programs at national and international level, including education, Youth economic empowerment, protection and girls rights. Political advocacy and young participation cuts across all our programs.
Founded in 2001, Plan Spain is a dynamic organization supporting Plan International all over the world with particular attention to child protection. Furthermore, Plan strives to raise awareness and effect social and political changes through development education, political influence, the Media and events.
- Develop working relationships and liaise with press, media, journalists and opinion leaders.
- Promote the visibility securing the Foundation’s position as a leading international child protection and girls’ equality organisation.
- Contribute to develop the communications’ strategy and action plan, according to the general objectives of the organization.
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships within the press community.
- Supervise and coordinate the creation and edition of audiovisual content (promotional videos, TV reports and documentaries, photos, spots).
- Coordinate the content and delivering of the corporate communications, newsletters and Foundation’s annual report.
- Supervise and maintain broadcast media file and manage press clippings service.
- Organise events and media trips to the field.
- Coordinate all the communication activities with Headquarters and with the rest of Plan offices (active participation with international working groups).
- Establish strategic relationships and agreements with multimedia groups.
- Collaborate with other areas of Plan International España to define communication strategies and social networks for areas and programs.
- Prepare arguments and define narrative and common language to the different communications and spokespersons of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or journalism. Postgraduate studies will be valuable.
- At least 5 year experience as a Communication Consultant, if possible in a medium/big size communications firm. Good knowledge of journalists working in the media
- Strong knowledge of various media channels, including social media
- High level of written and oral English (proficiency).
- Experience in public relations and organisation of events is an asset.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and broadcast production is also required.
- International experience, preferably in a development NGO will be valuable.
- Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills.
- Experience in crisis communications.
- Good strategic planner and results-oriented.
- Specific knowledge on gender, children, human rights and sustainable development goals will be assessed.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Total reward including annual Gross Salary + variable incentives (to be set upon the organization standards) + Ticket Restaurant.
- 23 days of holidays per year.
- Short working hours on Fridays (and throughout July and August).
- Possibility to enrol in different training activities.
- Other in-office perks.
- Integration into an international developing organisation.
- Take action so that a 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive.
- Start date: 15th August 2018
HOW TO APPLY?
The candidates must send their application and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference: COM-MEDIA-19