We engage people and partners to:
- Empower children, young people and communities to make vital changes that tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability.
- Drive change in practice and policy at local, national and global levels through our reach, experience and knowledge of the realities children face.
- Work with children and communities to prepare for and respond to crises and to overcome adversity.
- Support the safe and successful progression of children from birth to adulthood.
Plan International is committed to safeguarding of children and young people and all its employees act in accordance with this commitment.
The Youth Economic Empowerment Project Manager will be a member of the Department of International Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid Programs at Plan International Spain.
Project development and donor relations:
- Lead and support project proposal development processes, including building strategic consortia with a range of strategic internal and external stakeholders.
- Support building and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors, including EU, AECID, UN agencies, development banks, private donors and others.
- Contribute to the effective management of funding relationships with major institutional donors that support funding objectives.
Project management and donor compliance:
- Ensure smooth management, including monitoring and evaluation of a portfolio of YEE projects.
- Ensure full compliance with donor requirements in reporting (narrative and financial).
- Develop, design and conduct needs assessment to ensure all new project opportunities are based upon sound needs analysis and in line with the YEE strategy.
- Ensure that all YEE projects and strategies have a strong gender and inclusion focus.
- Provide technical support and contributions to country based programmes and internal strategy and policy development at all levels related to YEE.
- Fluent in Spanish and English with high proficiency in French a major added value.
- Degree or equivalent in development cooperation, social sciences or related subject.
- 3 years of work experience in Development and Youth Economic Empowerment projects.
- Proven experience in working with multilateral and bilateral donors (previous experience with AECID, EU, Development Banks will be valuable).
- Proven experience in Project Cycle Management tools including donor regulations.
- Experience in the following areas would be an asset:
a) Climate change.
b) Livelihood based on green skills for youth and women (e.g. eco - agriculture).
c) Renewable energy solutions.
d) Gender and inclusión.
- Minimum two years field experience.
- The position will be based in Madrid with assignments on the field (around 35% of the time).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Annual Gross Salary + variable incentives (to be set upon candidate’s experience and the organization standards) + Ticket Restaurant.
- 23 days of holiday per year.
- Opportunity to contribute to Plan International’s global ambition so that a 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive.
HOW TO APPLY
The candidates must send application and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org, with reference PM-YEE-20.